Strawberry and Vanilla Ice Cream Cake

Lately there seems to be a lot of ice cream in the house and for me that means more ice cream cake!! The one I found this time was a strawberry and vanilla one and my mind was already racing through combinations, designs that I could come up with.
I instantly knew I wanted to make a vanilla and strawberry cake and match the colours in the ice cream.

What I Used;

The Cake:

Margarine 175g
Sugar 175g
Eggs 4
Flour 200g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Strawberry essence 1 tsp
Strawberry red food colour 1 tsp

The Filling:

Ice cream 1 litre
Whipping cream 200ml

The Topping:

Strawberries
White Chocolate shavings
Ice cream 3 scoops

How;

The cake:

I creamed sugar and margarine till it was smooth and fluffy for about 10 minutes.
Then added in the eggs one at a time .
Sifted in the flour and baking powder together.
I then divided the batter in half ; in one half I mixed in the vanilla essence and in the other the strawberry essence and the food colour.
I poured this into a greased and dusted baking tin in patches alternating between the vanilla and strawberry flavoured batter, levelled the batter and placed it in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 45 minutes.

The Filling:

When the cake was ready, I let it cool then placed it in the freezer for about 30 minutes to make it easier to work with when filling.
I then sliced across the cake to get two halves.
I scooped the ice cream onto one half, levelled it then placed the top half which was the bottom half of the cake then placed it in the freezer to keep the ice cream from melting.
I whipped up the whipping cream adding some sugar for taste.
I took the cake out and iced it with the whipped cream making sure to put extra piping on the top on which the strawberries would be placed.

The Topping:

*Tip* In this stage either work very fast or keep returning the cake in the freezer 
          from time to time to keep the ice cream from melting
I added the strawberries with the leafy part on the cake.
Added 3 scoops in the centre and some halved strawberries
And finally shaved some chocolate around and on top of the cake, placing some bigger chunks on the three scoops .
I drizzled some melted ice cream on it.
Then placed it back in the freezer.


And Viola.. A Vanilla and strawberry flavoured cake with vanilla and strawberry ice cream iced with whipped cream and topped with strawberries, chocolate shavings and ice cream scoops.
I'm just imagining ordering this in a cafe in that specific detail and watching the reaction of the person taking the order... they'll probably like 'okay show off' 😁


Check out the other ice cream cake I made 😉 This was more a chocolatey chocolate one.. you know.. all things chocolate. It turned out  so great i decided to make this other one 😊  

#stay cool
🍦🍦

Comments

Popular Posts