BELLE CAKE N CUPCAKES

It's mostly just usually Princess Elsa from 'Frozen' or Princess Sofia from 'Sofia the First'. So I was excited when the client wanted Belle for once. ๐Ÿ˜€ Couldn't wait to work with Belle on a cake!



For the cake, I baked two cakes; a 9" for the bottom and an 8" for the top.
I then shaped the cakes; First I cut out the middle of the cakes using a circular tin. Those cut out pieces were used to  make the cake taller upto Belle's waist and the space left from the cut out is where Belle stood. The next thing was to shape the cake in the shape of the gown from the waist downwards. The crumbs from the shaping were used to fill in the centres of the cakes where Belle stood...so no cake goes to waste ๐Ÿ˜‰



Once the shape was achieved, I gave the cake a crumb coat. Here I mixed some of the crumbs in the buttercream to make it easier to use when crumb coating. Once the coating was done, I placed the cake in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to keep the crumbs together. I then iced the cake with yellow buttercream, just a thin coat on which the fondant would sit.


A bright yellow fondant was used. To get the design of the dress, the fondant was rolled out to wide strips then scrunched up in  about three pleats at one point, pulling out the outer pleats at the bottom for a flowy effect. A distance of about 5 cm (not that I was measuring๐Ÿ˜… ) between the scrunches on the strip. I placed the strips on the cake until it was all covered up being keen on the scrunched up points to ensure the design was achieved.


For the torso area, I rolled out some fondant to a rectangular shape and placed it around. Her hands were raised up at that point so they don't get in the way. Then for the off-the-shoulder drapings, I rolled out two thin slightly wide srips of fondant which I folded thrice then stuck around her shoulders on the dress  from the burst area to the back on both sides (the hands dropped down now of course).
To bring out the details and clean the edges of the dress, I dripped bright yellow royal icing on those points.



The cupcakes' decoration involved cutting out circular fondant and putting some design on the edges..I just used my clean nails..no special equipment required ๐Ÿ˜. I used yellow buttercream to stick them onto the cupcakes then put a dab of royal icing on each.


"It is you." - Belle

Comments

Popular Posts