The Flash Cake

I always love making cartoon character themed cakes! They allow me to explore my creativity and the possibilities are just endless!!
So I was obviously so happy when I was asked to make a Flash themed cake.


 My fear was that I wasn't going to be able to get the bright red colour as it usually is a struggle for most with powdered food colour.
I decided to face my fear and I discovered that it is actually possible to get the colour with the powdered food colour but you have to use more as compared to the amount you'd use with gel food colour.
After getting that red colour on my fondant I was at peace and more confident to go on.
I then proceeded to make the badge with yellow and white fondant using circular objects to cut out the shapes; i'm talking cups and tins here.


As for the kind of lightening thing on top, I just freehanded it on yellow fondant using a toothpick then cut it out with a knife.
I did the same thing for the letters 'F.L.A.S.H' but made the fondant thicker this time.


I stuck all the pieces onto the cake with some water.
I made some yellow royal icing to decorate the bottom part of the cake.


I then made it's consistency lighter to make like little 'flashes' on the cake and write the message; which I wanted to write on the top but I forgot so I just wrote it on the sides.
At this point I was happy with how the cake had turned out so I just had to stop myself 😁.


fastest man alive 💨🔥

Comments

Popular Posts