My 🎂 Birthday 🎂 Cake

I wanted to make this year's birthday cake different from the ones i've been making in the previous years. I wanted to give it more thought this year.
I settled on doing a fruit cake because I felt like I was always making it for clients but never quite made it for myself. I decided to spoil myself this year!
I also chose to cover it with fondant so that I could be more creative with the design.
Green is my favourite colour so it just had to be on my birthday cake. 
I have a heart-shaped cookie cutter and I immediately thought of filling the cake with hearts in my favourite colour.💚💚


For the cake, I wanted it to be rich so I put a bunch of mixed fruits in it.
I then proceeded to making the fondant.
I decided to use the colours white and green.
For the hearts, I thought of making them in different shades, 'shades of green', to give the cake some texture and interest.


I started by covering the cake with the white fondant after crumb coating it with buttercream.
I then cut out the hearts from the the different shades of green fondant making sure not to mix them.
I started sticking them onto the cake using water; starting off with the lightest shades on the bottom then darker shades towards the top.


When I was done it was looking like a 'heart basket'😊 which I was very happy with.


I then placed it on top of the coconut cake I had made and used dowels to hold it in place.


This was the final product and I was quite happy with how it turned out!!




Shades of green 💚💚

Comments

Popular Posts