CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE BALLS

In my passion for the French culture I came across petit fours.
Petit fours are small cakes ,originally from France, which can be consumed in a few bites.
Cake balls are a type of petit four glace.
Chocolate and peanut butter always seem to go well together so I decided to incorporate that.



What I used;

the cake:

Margarine            175 g
Sugar                    175 g
Eggs                     3
Vanilla essence     2 drops
Golden syrup        1 tbs
Self-raising flour  150 g
Baking powder     1 tsp
Cocoa powder      25 g

the frosting:

Peanut butter        150 g
Milk              (if necessary)
Icing sugar           100 g

the glaze:

Dark chocolate    150 g
White chocolate  150 g

How;

I greased a flat baking tin and preheat the oven at 160 degrees Celsius.
Creamed butter and sugar until pale, light and fluffy.
Added one egg at a time into the mixture then vanilla essence and golden syrup whisking together to combine.
Sifted self-raising flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together into the mixture and whisked together to combine.
Then poured the batter into the baking tin and put it in the oven for 25 mins.
The cake is very light and easily crumbles.

For the frosting, I whisked the peanut butter to a smooth consistency using milk to make it smooth.
When it was smooth, I added the icing sugar in bits whisking in between each addition.



I crumbled the cake up, using my fingers,  till it resembled breadcrumbs.
Then added it into peanut butter frosting and combined as if 'kneading' it to a 'dough'.
When it was all combined, I started making egg-sized balls from the mixture.
I placed the balls in the freezer for about 30 mins till when they were firm and hard.

For the glaze, I melted the dark and white chocolate on a water bath.

I placed the cake balls on a wire rack and put parchment paper on the bottom to catch the drizzles.
I then started to drizzle the chocolate on the cake balls completely covering them in chocolate leaving only the bit resting on the rack uncovered.
Using a contrasting chocolate colour I made the designs on the cake balls.
I used the drizzles on the parchment to garnish.



And viola!



#chocolate+peanutbutter
I made another type of petit four glace on my YouTube channel. Check it out 👇




Comments

Popular Posts