CHOCOLATE 🍓 STRAWBERRY 🍓 ROULADE

So I recently got some strawberries but when I checked the expiry date on it, it was just in a few weeks! I was bummed but on the other hand it meant more strawberry recipes!!
I've made swiss roll before but never really tried a roulade.
A roulade is much lighter and uses little to no flour.

What I used:


Eggs                        3
Sugar                      85g
Flour                       85g
Baking powder      1 teaspoon
Cocoa powder        3 tablespoons

The filling;
Dark chocolate      100g
Whipping cream    150g
Strawberries            50g (chopped if fresh)
White chocolate to garnish (shavings)

How:

I set the oven to 160 degrees celsius and greased a flat baking tin.
Separated the egg whites from the egg yolks.
Whisked the egg whites with half of the sugar till it was  frothy and glossy.
In a separate tin I whisked the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until it was also frothy and glossy.
Then added the egg yolk mixture, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder to the egg white mixture and whisked them together until combined.
I then quickly and carefully poured the batter into the prepared baking tin and put it in the oven.
Took it out after about 10 minutes when it was springy on touch.
Then took it out of the tin and rolled it up in parchment paper,
For the filling, I boiled the whipping cream on low heat then turned off the heat and melted the dark chocolate in the boiled cream and left it to cool.
I then rolled it out and spread the icing then the strawberries and rolled it back up.
Spread more of the filling on top then sprinkled the white chocolate shavings on top.
I also used some of the strawberries to garnish.

🍓🍓

Comments

Popular Posts