Cherry On Top 🍒

This is just one of my best recipes so far!! I've been really dying to make a recipe that works well for quite some time now, an original recipe from scratch. I had some cherries that had remained from a recent cake order and I saw the perfect opportunity to use them in cupcakes,.. I could not pass that up!



I wanted really moist cupcakes and with this recipe I got just that!! I was overjoyed when they came out of the oven looking so nice and even more when I tasted them, my recipe actually worked!!!



Baking time:   15-20 mins
Baking temp.:  180 degrees celcius
Makes 12-20 cupcakes depending on the size of the cupcake liners used.

This is the recipe I used;

Flour                     200g
Sugar                    100g
Margarine             100g
Baking powder     1 tsp
Eggs                      3
Milk                      1/4 cup
Vegetable Oil        1/4 cup
Golden syrup        1 tbsp
Cherries                100g (add 50g to garnish if you choose to frost)
Frosting is optional, depends on your taste and whether you want it on the cakes or not.
I used vanilla frosting.



How:..

I set the oven temperature at 180 degrees celcius.
I first put all the dry ingredients together, that is flour, sugar, baking powder .
Then added margarine which I mixed in by rubbing together with dry ingredients.
In a separate tin I put all the liquid ingredients and whisked them together.
I then added the dry ingredients mixture and whisked that together with the liquid ingredients.
I chopped up the cherries and added them into the mixture, distributing them evenly.
Finally I put the batter into the cupcake liners then placed them into the oven.
After about 20 minutes I took them out, let them cool and then frosted placing a cherry on top!


Enjoy!🍒🍒🍒

Comments

Popular Posts