Carrots🥕, Carrots 🥕 and More Carrots! 🥕🥕

It just hit me how people nowadays look for less guilty ways of eating cake!😁... the healthy stuff is now put into the cake..from fruits to veggies, they all find their way into this 'guilty pleasure'.
As a baker😀.. i'm also looking for different ways for people to have cake and be happy about it!       I believe cake should always puts a smile on people's faces..
Soo..in this spirit, I decided to do a carrot cake and make it quite appealing to the eye☺...


Started by baking the cake. This particular one was baked in an 8" baking tin.
I then prepared the fondant I was going to use on the cake and made it into three colours; orange, green and some sort of creamish colour.
Coated the cake with buttercream to hold the fondant.
Covered the cake with the cream-like portion.
I had this amazing idea of moulding carrots and placing them on top of the cake..so I made buds from the orange portion to create the body of the carrots and rolled the green portion into small balls to act as the leafy top of carrots.


The sides were still looking plain.. I cut out small circles from the orange and green chunks then placed them on the cake, using water to stick them, in an alternating order. I put the green circles a bit higher to reticulates the carrot theme on top of the cake. Took care of the edges using a fork to create a design.




And voila!.. you got yourself an amazing treat while still incorporating veggies.
This cake is great for family gatherings since there are elderly people who often try to keep healthy and kids who are usually running away from veggies.
Consider this a fun way of eating carrots!


Comments

Popular Posts