Lion Guard Cake

I recently got a cake order for the character Kion of the American animated television series
"The Lion Guard". It's quite popular among the kids right now.


The client wanted a kg vanilla cake. That was what I was working with to incorporate the character in question into the cake.
First I baked the cake..of course, then I let it cool before I started working on it.
I prepared the fondant and made it kind of light green then separated a smaller portion and made it darker.
I rolled out the lighter fondant and covered the cake with it. I used a fork to create a design on the fondant that lay on the cake board.


I got an image of the cartoon character enlarged it to the circumference of the cake then printed it out. I then placed it on the cake and and used a toothpick to trace the image on the cake by pricking the lines on the image onto the cake.
I used royal icing to cover the outline I already had on the cake. I first did the outline then i filled the spaces with the respective colours which ranged in shades of yellow, orange,brown and red.


At this time i was pretty much done but i felt like the cake still looked plain on the sides..so i grabbed a small circle top and cut out the darker fondant I had made into small circles and used a fork to design their circumferences and used water to stick them onto the cake.


I was now confident the cake was done and so I wrote the message.

Comments

Popular Posts