Banana Cake

I've recently picked a habit of drawing inspiration from stuff i see in the house...there's this voice in my head that keeps on saying; 'make a cake out of  it!', 'make a cake out of it!'  
So all of a sudden there were so many bananas in the house and there was the voice again...and
I thought  to myself; why not make a cake that looks just like a banana!
I pictured people trying to pick up the cake and 'peeling it open'...LOL!
This is what i ended up with;



I did my best to make it as real as possible.
I used fondant icing to cover the cake.
As for the cake, i just looked up a recipe and then i baked. ... my main focus was on the design i wanted to go for.






I made the bananas quite yellow as most ripe bananas look.
I then gave it a green stalk that often holds the bananas together. Its probably not usually that green but i just felt it gave the cake an interesting vibe.





This cake could actually pass for real bananas!
It would totally slay a birthday party, wedding party...it just gives an interesting, fun and unique vibe that would best suite such events.

Comments

Popular Posts